The Kopitiam HawkerBoss Program
This is an application for assessment on suitability to be part of the HawkerBoss Program.
Who we are looking for:
- Aspiring hawkers who are interested in being the next generation of hawkerpreneurs or “hawkerbosses” in F&B.
- Existing hawkers who are looking to expand their current self-run business (subjected to food stall license guidelines)
- Willingness to commit to hiring 3 new staff (full time/ part time) for each stall
- Singaporean or Permanent Resident, 21 years old and above
Assessment Criteria for success:
- Food type and concept
- Food taste and quality
- Menu prices
- Motivation to start or expand a hawker/F&B business
What a successful hawkerboss can receive from the program.
Note that each HawkerBoss support package will be customised according to business needs:
- Priority access to stalls within the Kopitiam/FoodFare managed outlets. This could be in hawker centres, coffee shops, food courts in malls or hospitals etc.
- Rental and/or stall fee subsidies
- Manpower salary subsidies
- Access to marketing and branding expertise
- Access to raw material resourcing and supplies to improve COGS from FPG
Application and shortlisting process:
- Interested applications to submit their application forms to state interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted applicants are required to be interviewed and have food tasting by Kopitiam program representatives.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within 20 working days after the interview and provided the next steps for the contract.