The Kopitiam HawkerBoss Program
Learn about the stories of grit, passion and community of our Kopitiam HawkerBosses here
This is an application for assessment on suitability to be part of the HawkerBoss Program.
Who we are looking for:
- Aspiring hawkers who are interested in being the next generation of hawkerpreneurs or “hawkerbosses” in F&B.
- Existing hawkers who are looking to expand their current self-run business (subjected to food stall license guidelines)
- Willingness to commit to hiring 3 new staff (full time/ part time) for each stall
- Singaporean or Permanent Resident, 21 years old and above
Assessment Criteria for success:
- Food type and concept
- Food taste and quality
- Menu prices
- Motivation to start or expand a hawker/F&B business
What a successful hawkerboss can receive from the program.
Note that each HawkerBoss support package will be customised according to business needs:
- Access to stalls within the Kopitiam/FoodFare managed outlets. This could be in hawker centres, coffee shops, food courts in malls or hospitals etc.
- Rental and/or stall fee subsidies
- Manpower salary subsidies
- Access to marketing and branding expertise
- Access to raw material resourcing and supplies to improve COGS from FPG
Application and shortlisting process:
- Interested applications to submit their applications below.
- Shortlisted applicants are required to be interviewed and provide food tasting to our Kopitiam program representatives.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within 20 working days after the interview and provided the next steps for the contract.